After a hectic couple of months with grading and team selections and trying to squeeze in training and trail games, it all begins this weekend.
We would like to thank all the volunteers who have committed to giving up their time to coach, manage or help when they can. Without you none of this would be happening. If you require any support, from information or help with coaching, please come see us at the clubhouse and we will do our best to help.
A few things for everyone to remember before we start:
- First team out sets up the goals, last team to play puts them away, and locks them up. The draw for the Competition Aged teams will be outside the main clubhouse, the draw for the MiniRoos will be at the tent outside the toilet block. There will also be a draw posted on the website, after the seniors draw. Please help us out, as its easier for a few people to put a set of goals away, than one person having to do them all.
- Change rooms are to be swept when you team is out. Once you have finished using the change room, it is your responsibility to clean out the change room. Nothing worse than coming in to use a dirty room.
- Ice for Field 1 & 2 can be found in the ice machine in the clubhouse’s main entry way. If you play on Field 2 it is suggested you fill a few bags of ice before your game. Please do not return the bags of ice, just dispose of it responsibly. If you are playing away, you are more than welcome to take a few bags with you to your game. Ice for the junior fields are located at the tent outside the toilet block.
- Referees will make mistakes. All referee’s are learning too. The club will not tolerate any abuse towards any referee’s, home or away. The club will act swiftly at any reports of referee abuse.
- At the end of the day, we are here to have fun. We aren’t playing for sheep stations and it’s not the World Cup. Let our players make mistake, encourage them when they try their best. Buy a slushy at the end of the game ‘ because of that brilliant run with the ball from the back’.
Here’s a little something to keep in mind….